ObjectDock is a program that allows you to add a toolbar at the bottom of the screen, similar to the Mac OS X Aqua, much more fun than the Windows toolbar.
It has several effects, animations and functionalities, among which we highlight the following:
- It captures the windows so that when they are minimized, they are shown smaller in the toolbar, and in that way we can visualize the minimized programs faster.
- It lets you organize your shortcuts to programs, grouping them into categories. For that it has tabs.
- It handles semitransparent graphics, which gives it a more modern look, similar to MAC or even Windows Vista.
- Icons increase in size by hovering over the mouse pointer. (Zoom effect).
- The icons are customizable, and you can easily change them.
- It has different aspects ( skins ) to choose the one that we like the most.
- It modifies the appearance of the start menu, becoming more functional and attractive.
As you can see, it not only visually improves the toolbar, but also, this software has other advantages such as speed access to the most used programs and better organize the icons, and the overall look of the desktop.
ObjectDock 2.1 is the latest version, updated in May 2013. Unfortunately it is no longer free as it was in its beginnings, but you can download an evaluation to try and use without restrictions for 30 days.