XnView is a program used to view and convert images. It supports most popular formats such as GIF, JPEG and JPEG-XR, PNG, BMP, TIFF, TARGA, MPEG, AVI, Quicktime and hundreds more. The viewer has a very intuitive browser, easy and fast to handle, being similar to other popular programs like ACDSee, and similar features, but free.
Among the features of XnView are:
- Conversion of files to any other format, supporting batch processes to apply to multiple photos.
- The possibility to edit photos, for example: to remove the red-eye effect, to resize or rotate photos, and so on.
- The ability to generate image galleries that can be included in HTML pages .
- Presentations ( slide shows ) with effects, with the possibility of adjusting the transition time between each photo.
- Includes a screenshot tool.
- Apply special effects and filters to photos.
- Creation of web pages that include photographic galleries.
- Detects duplicate images in different folders inside the hard drive or on external storage drives.
- TWAIN support for importing images from scanners (Windows only).
These characteristics, and some more, manage to conform a very complete product in its genre, and highlighted by its speed as it does not consume excessive resources.
XnView 2.37 is the latest version (updated in October 2016) of this software, which can be downloaded for free. It is available for Windows, MacOS X and Linux (for these last two platforms XnViewMP is available). It is translated into several languages, including Spanish.
Download (Linux or Mac)