Media Player Codec Pack is a codec package that supports a large number of audio and video formats, and allows most players (such as Windows Media Player ) to play almost any file.
An advantage is that it consumes few system resources, helping to keep the system stable when watching a movie. Another advantage is that it is complemented with other codecs already installed and that also does not generate conflicts with them.
It has two modes of installation: one very simple, "Easy Installation"; And another for advanced users, "Expert Installation", which has several options to configure.
Some components are:
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.7.10.
- DivX h.264 Video (Decoder) Codec.
- DivX Web Player 18.104.22.168 browser plugin.
- XviD Video (Encoder) Codec v1.3.2.
- Ffdshow 1.3.4532
- Ffdshow DirectShow Video Codec 1.3.4533.
- Microsoft - Windows Media 9 Video Codec 22.214.171.1249.
- Flash Video Splitter 126.96.36.19966.
- AC3Filter 2.6b.
- Core Vorbis Playback Filter 188.8.131.52 + OGG Splitter 1.2.908 By Gabest.
- RealMedia Source Splitter 1.2.908.
- Sony DSD Decoder 1.0
Media Player Codec Pack 4.4.3 is the latest version (updated December 2016) of this collection of codecs for Windows Media Player that runs on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, XP Media Center, 2008, 2003 and 2000 You can download and install it for free.