BurnAware Free is a program to burn CD, DVD, Blue-Ray, DVD-Video, BDMV and ISO images, among other formats. It is ideal for backing up, burning data CDs, recording music, burning movies to DVD, etc.
It presents diverse functionalities similar to other softwares to "burn" discs, for example:
- Formatting the disc prior to recording
- During the recording process it verifies the correct writing of the data.
- It supports multisesiones and allows to import sessions to continue recording in sequence.
- Allows you to create bootable (bootable) CDs or DVDs to start Windows.
- It allows you to create disk images, supporting ISO and CUE / BIN formats.
- Supports IDE, SCSI, USB, 1394 and SATA disks; And UDF, ISO9660, Joliet and Bridged file systems.
- Erase rewritable discs.
- It supports playlists in M3U format created with any audio program.
- It supports FLAC, OGG, MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A and AAC audio formats.
- Extracts data from disks that are corrupted or corrupted.
- Ripea music CDs, that is to say to MP3 the songs of conventional discs.
BurnAware presents in this version a redesign of its interface, and announces great improvements, fundamentally in what has to do with the performance of the software, reducing consumption between 1% and 3% CPU during the recording process.
The application is easy to use, contains an intuitive and clean interface, is multilingual, contains no spyware or advertising, and is free for home use. This is a good alternative to Nero and other payment software, at least for the functions we have detailed, if you need in addition to a video editor or other tools, you can also use free options that are available in this site.
BurnAware 9.1 is the latest version, updated in May 2016. Supports Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8 and Windows 10 (32 and 64 Bit).